Sunday, March 15, 2009

You Are Beautiful- I Love Coincidences

Once upon a Harvest Day a few years ago, I was walking around Yardley Borough with some friends. We saw a flower box that had "Remember... you are beautiful" written on it in marker. This was coming at a time when everyone present had to remember just that. It made everyone's day. I thought that it would make a lovely addition to my graffiti photography collection, but I didn't have my camera on me.

The next time I was in Yardley was for the next year's Harvest Day celebration. I walked though the entire town, searching in vain for the flower box. I was pretty sure that I saw one with some black smudges on it, but I couldn't tell for sure. It made me pretty sad.

A year or so later, I was talking about photography with my friend Shauna. She showed me a picture she had taken of a similar flower box. I told her about the one I had seen in Yardley. She told me that she and her friends had been the ones who had written it and that the one in the picture was a recreation because someone had scrubbed the writing off the original.

Funny how these things work out, isn't it?

And most importantly...

...why scrub away such a wonderful message that so many people need to hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment